Monday, August 2, 2010

Viva Mexico!

During the week of July 14, 2010-July 20, 2010 we went to Riviera Maya, Mexico and stayed at the Catalonia Rivieria Maya All-Inclusive Resort. We went with Al and Victoria and Al's sisters, Kim and Ashlee. We had the best time during the week-here we are starting on day 1.

6:30 am at DFW airport to check-in

We are on the plane and ready for take-off!

We made it...in our shuttle to the hotel.

We threw our bags in the hotel room and headed for a drink and the pool!

We didn't wait very long and found Kim and Ashlee and then a couple of hours later Victoria and Al arrived. We all headed to the other pool with a swim up bar and started some more drinking and a couple of cheers with tequila shots to get the vacation started right.


Victoria and I feeling like foreigners with all the accents going on.



First tequila shot for the girls.

We spent the whole first afternoon at the pool and then we decided that we were ready for dinner and drinks and we didn't want to waste time getting ready. We all headed to our rooms for about 20 minutes and threw on some clothes with wet hair and headed to the lobby bar. We had some drinks then went to the dinner buffet and from there went back the lobby bar before heading to the discotecha for some dancing!


Shots in the lobby bar.


More shots in the lobby bar.


We found the mask man and had to have pictures.


With the mate having an apple martini.


Bails and I enjoying the night out.

On our way to dance at the disco, we stopped at the entrance sign to our hotel and took some jumpy photos. We had a blast taking these photos-good times!


Bails and I enjoying some jumping photos.


Victoria and Al enjoying some jumping photos.


We thought we were funny!


Bailey was being the cat in "CAT"alonia.


I just wanted to jump!

We then danced the night away at the disco before heading into bed. Everyone slept in the next morning except for Victoria, Bails and I so we headed to breakfast and the beach on day 2!


Apparently something was really funny.


Dancing the night away.


Bails and I chillin on the beach.


Victoria and I enjoying the sound of the waves.


We got trapped in a 30 minute down pour of rain together! Good times!

Bailey and I went snorkeling for an hour in the afternoon and then we all headed the pool until we went in to get ready for dinner. We went and ate at the Italian restaurant this night with one of our reservation cards. The food was delicious and we had a great time. After dinner we went and hung out at Pure Bar right on the beach while the boys smoked cigars, and then we headed up to the lobby bar but called it an early night.



After snorkeling-I had to drag Bailey out of the water. He loves the fish and coral reef!


Dressed up for dinner.


Kisses for my man!


Al and Bailey with their cigars.


Victoria and I stole them for a photo-we thought we were funny!

On day 3, Victoria and I started our day with spin class at 8:00am and then we headed to breakfast before the beach and the pool with everyone.


Me with my spin bike.


Victoria with her spin bike.


Our breakfast was pina coladas-haha!

Enjoying the beautiful view.


Chillin in the pool.

We all hung out in the pool with the swim up bar all day this day. After a full day of sun with some rain in between, we all headed to our rooms to get ready. We met in the lobby bar for drinks and the best peanuts we have ever had, I am pretty sure we all had about a pound of these before we left Mexico. We enjoyed dinner at the buffet and then headed to pure bar before going to the beach party where we enjoyed some limbo with shots after you made it or didn't make it under the limbo stick. We headed over to the tequila bar with this group of people we met that were from Tyler, Texas. We all took some traditional tequila shots and then headed to the discotecha for some dancing and good times. The boys enjoying quite a few drinks this day and had to sleep in the next morning. We had a blast this night dancing and laughing with everyone.


Me going under the limbo stick.


The whole group at the tequila bar.


The boys showing off their dance moves together. Haha!

Day 4 was the BEST weather day that we had the whole time we were there. The morning started with Victoria and I enjoying some sun/nap time at the beach. Everyone else slept in from the night before. We enjoyed the pool later was usual, but it ended up raining during the afternoon. Bailey went shopping at the lobby store while it rained and I went to workout. After the rain stopped we headed out to the beach to enjoy some more sun. Around 5:00pm, we went back to the room to get ready for another nice dinner that we had at the spanish restaurant that had a roof top beach view. This was the coolest restaurants because of the view and atmosphere. After dinner we headed to the lobby bar for the Michael Jackson entertainment in the theatre. After Michael Jackson, we met up with our new friends for Tyler and headed to the discotecha for some more dancing of course- we stayed until the place shut and then headed back to the room for a good nights sleep. Ashley and Kim just stayed awake since they had to be ready for their shuttle at 4:00am the next morning to head home.


Cheers in the pool.


Roof top view.


MJ portrait on the wall in the theatre.


Everyone dancing the night away.

Day 5 started as usual with some beach/sun time and then after we wait for a little while after lunch we decided to go our for a kayaking ride. We got out life jackets, paddles and boats and headed out into the cute little cove area. I wanted to take pictures the whole time so Bailey was trying to the steer the kayak by himself-needless to say we almost hit a swimmer, ran into rocks and crashed on the shore before I finally got told to put my camera up and help. I didn't know I was going to have to paddle (hahah) I wanted to capture some moments of the "BIG" kayak trip that last about 20 minutes. It was fun, but not fun enough to do for an hour. After we finished that we got some drinks and went to the pool where we laid out, swam, played ping pong and just enjoyed the beautiful weather.


After our kayak trip.


I wanted to take pictures...I think we were crashing at this time.


Victoria took a picture of us.


The boys enjoying the pool-who knows what they are talking about.

About 5:30, Victoria and I went to make a dinner reservation at the Japanese restaurante for 7:30 pm. The boys headed into get ready and then by the time we got back to our rooms they were heading out to have drinks in the lobby bar while we got ready. We all met in the lobby bar at 7:00pm for drinks, peanuts and of course a little Jenga. Nobody lost Jenga because the wind ended up blowing it over in the end. After 7:30, we headed in for our Hibachi experience and it was so much fun. Our cook was very entertaining while he cooked and sometimes dropped his utensils while doing drinks and then laughed about it. He cut off a piece of fried egg for the fried rice and told Bailey to open his mouth, the first piece hit him in the nose, the second piece hit him in the chin. Al was next and his egg went over his head. Victoria was next and she made a funnel to her mouth and caught it. I was last and I caught mine too, I think the boys were jealous of us. We enjoyed shrimp, chicken, beef, fried rice, sushi, drinks, and then you got back out to the lobby of the restaurant for fried ice cream for dessert. After dinner, we headed up to the nightly entertainment theatre for the comedy show that was definitely for a different sense of humor that we have, but stayed for all of it. We called it an early night after that, so that we could enjoy a full day the next morning.


JENGA!!!!


Outside the restaurant before dinner.


Enjoying dinner.


Our little cook Jackie Chain :)

Bailey and his egg.


Al and his egg.


Victoria and her egg.


Me and my egg.

Day 6, our last FULL day there, we all woke up early and went the pool to enjoy as much outdoor time as we could. Bailey, Victoria and I went snorkeling for quite some time and took lots of cool pictures under water. The only time we got out of the water was for lunch and then we were back in with the swim up bar enjoying the afternoon. We went inside around 3:30 to get ready for the night because we wanted to take some nice photos out on the beach before the sun went down. We took photos around 4:30 pm and then at 5:00pm we went to pure bar to enjoy some drinks and chill time. At 6:00 pm, the workers and a lot of guest came down the beach to release baby turtles into the ocean. There were 79 baby turtles that hatched and were ready to be released into the ocean. They let all children get one first and then adults, so of course I pushed myself through down there so that I could get a turtle. We all crowded around him to take pictures and I named him Sebastian. We was so small and fit in the palm of my hand. They told us to set them down in the sand on the beach and just let them go until they hit the water. You couldn't touch them after you put them down because they had to figure things out on their own. I just thought this was such a cool experience because it's not an everyday thing that you get to release a baby turtle into their ocean habitat. After this we headed up the Mexican restaurant to enjoy our last nice dinner, and the food was delicious. After dinner, we headed out to the roof top to enjoy some dessert and chill time. After that, Victoria and Al headed in for the night because their shuttle came at 3:30am the next morning. Bailey and I went and looked at the shops that were set up by the pool and then went to the nightly entertainment of hollywood musicals-this was a great show. After the show we headed back to the room for a good nights sleep to enjoy our last day there when we woke up.


Enjoying the pool Kentucky Derby style.


Muah!


Awesome view.


Classic beach photo.


I had to beg to get him to take this picture-It thought the leaves were cool.


Looking at the turtle-so cool!


Sebastian.


Sombrero picture after our dinner.


Enjoy dessert on the roof top.


Heading back to our room after the entertainment.

Day 7, we woke up and it was just Bailey and I because everyone else was already home. We headed down to enjoy some breakfast and I laid out and read my book on the beach for about an hour. We walked around the sand on the beach and took photos everywhere we went. We had to check out of our room at noon, so around 11:00am we headed to our room to pack up everyone and make sure that we had everything to head back home. We took our luggage up to the lobby, checked out and then we went to shop at the lobby stores while we were waiting for our shuttle to get there at 1:30. Our shuttle arrived on time and we loaded up for our hour and half drive back to the Cancun airport. We got to the airport around 3:00pm, so we had enough time to eat lunch, shop and walk around. Our flight took off at 5:00pm and we landed at DFW at 7:30pm. We landed 20 minutes early so we didn't have a gate to go to, so we had to sit on the runway until 7:50pm. We finally got off the plane, got all of our luggage and met mom out on the curb around 8:30pm. We went back to mom and dad's house and showed off all of our pictures, told stories and headed back to Little Elm around 10:00pm. We were exhausted from traveling all day, but we wouldn't have traded it for anything.


I love the beach!


Bailey loves the beach too!


Kisses on the beach!


Waiting for the shuttle in the lobby.


Our shuttle is here, saying goodbye to the good life.


So sad that we were leaving-we didn't want to!


At DFW-mom picking us up to go home.

We had the best trip ever with good times, good friends and good memories. We tried to capture every moment that we spent there so that we could share our stories with everyone. We enjoyed out summer vacation this year and can't wait for our next vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment